We are looking for a Sales Manager (London based)
Yeastie Boys are a post-craft brewery and the world's smallest multinational. We've been making irreverent ales and lager for 11 years and have been operating in the United Kingdom for the last four of those.
Until this point, we have had no dedicated sales resource and currently sell to a very small pool of nationwide retailers and wholesalers, as well as a regionally diverse bunch of craft beer wholesalers (with a small amount of export on the side).
We’re now looking to create a stronger base of key accounts, via both direct delivery and through our wholesale partners, to best drive revenue growth and increase brand awareness.
To do this, we're seeking an experienced and independent sales manager - a self-starter with a great work ethic - to help us drive growth into the future (especially on-trade and with a London focus).
Yeastie Boys currently have a very flat organisational structure and you will work directly alongside the two founders, our marketing manager, head brewer, and art director.
You'll be involved at a strategic level, working with our existing team, to create a sales plan for the next few years but the major focus of this role will be about rolling up your sleeves and doing the hard yards on the streets.
The ideal candidate should be able to hit the ground running, with experience in the London on-trade especially, and be able to bring on (and retain) key accounts as soon as possible. Some travel beyond London may be required but this is not a core focus of the position.
We're good people at Yeastie Boys - treating each other, our partners, and our customers with respect - and the successful candidate should fit in with this philosophy, too.
Yeastie Boys is also committed to building a diverse beer community and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive the same consideration for this job without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, neurodiversity or age.
Role: Sales Manager
Reports to: Benevolent Dictator, Yeastie Boys
Remuneration: ~£40,000 (plus expenses and, if achieved, sales-based bonus)
Full / Part Time: Full time
Location/Region: London-based, zones 1-6 as main focus, with some wider travel (all travel paid)
Overview / Purpose
- Driving Yeastie Boys sales growth, particularly in the on-trade London market, while improving awareness of our story and knowledge of our beer.
- Creating and maintaining strong relationships within London, either as direct accounts or via our wholesale partners.
- Identifying new markets and opportunities, while effectively managing and maintaining our existing ones.
- Monitoring and reporting on sales trends, customer feedback, and identifying any potential opportunities and/or risks.
- Becoming a recognisable public face of Yeastie Boys – ensuring the right level and type of presence in the trade and at key events.
- Working with the small Yeastie Boys team to continually evolve our overall sales, marketing, and brand strategy.
- Keeping things irreverent, in our style.
Skills, Experience and Capabilities
- Proven sales ability - you can grow new accounts and maximise existing relationships.
- Analysis experience - you should be able to interpret information, spot patterns, and use that information to improve sales and profitability.
- Business acumen - the ability to set achievable and measurable targets, followed by building and executing a plan to achieve them.
- Independence - you can manage the entire end-to-end sales process, you find solutions to problems (escalating issues only when appropriate), and are able to effectively manage your own time.
- Adaptability - as a small business all staff must have the ability to change focus, from time to time, to take advantage of opportunities or solve problems.
- Relationship skills - you can quickly build rapport and generate sales through sales techniques appropriate to each unique customer’s needs.
- Reporting - you understand the importance of documentation and reporting, so that the business can continue to operate seamlessly in your absence.
- 3+ years in a sales environment, preferably within food or drink and with an on-trade focus.
- While there are no direct reports, at this stage, experience in managing a sales team would be a bonus.
- You must be a nice human, like us.
Applications can be made to email@example.com. We’re expecting a few, and Fritha is the hardest person to please in the business, so you need to sell yourself before we work together to sell our beer!